How to create a Creating Keycloak Credentials in Zerto version 10.x
Zerto made a shift in version 10.x, transitioning from the Windows-based ZVM to the Linux-based Zerto Virtual Manager Appliance (ZVMA), which integrates microservices for security and authentication. This transition influenced the development of a new iteration of EnsureDR, capitalizing on the enhanced capabilities introduced in Zerto v10.x
With the release of EnsureDR version 4.17, the only supported Zerto version is 10.x which works in conjunction with the Linux Appliance and utilizes the Keycloak authorization.
To create the Client for EnsureDR follow the steps below.
- Open Keycloak Administration
- Navigate to the Zerto in the DR site: https://Zerto_IP_or_FQDN/auth/
- Click on Administration Console link
- Log with default credential that are created during the Zerto setup.
- When logged, select the Zerto realm from drop down list.
- Select the Clients option and click Create client.
- In the General Settings, leave default Client type “OpenID Connect”, enter a Client ID, the rest of the fields are optional. Click Next.
- Set the Capability config:
- Client authentication - On
- Authorization - On
- Authentication flow – Select:
- Standard flow
- Implicit flow
- Direct access grants
Click Next to continue.
- Click Save to create the client.